Decide how to react: It is not what happens to you that counts. It is how you react to what happens to you, especially when you have unexpected problems of any kind.
Here are five things you can do to assure that your attitude is the very best it can be, under all circumstances.
1. Focus on the future: First, whatever challenges you face, focus on the future rather than on the past. Instead of worrying about who did what and who is to blame, focus on where you want to be and what you want to do. Get a clear mental image of your ideal successful future, and then take whatever action you can do to begin moving in that direction. Get you mind, your thoughts, and your mental images on the future.
2. Think about the solution: Second, whenever you’re facing with a difficulty, focus on the solution rather than on the problem. Think and talk about the ideal solution to the obstacle or setback, rather than wasting time rehashing and reflecting on the problem.
Solutions are inherently positive, whereas problems are inherently negative. The instant that you begin thinking in terms of solutions, you become a positive and constructive human being.
3. Look for the good: Third, assume that something good is hidden within each difficulty or challenge. Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, once said, “Whenever God wants to give us a gift, he wraps it up in a problem”.
4. Seek the valuable lesson: Fourth, assume that whatever situation you are facing at the moment is exactly the right situation you need to ultimately be successful. This situation has been sent to you to help learn something, to help you become better, or help you expand and grow.
5. Decide to be positive: Fifth, a positive mental attitude is indispensable for your success. You can be as positive as you want to be if you will imply think about the future, focus on the solution and look for the good. If you do what other successful people do, if you use your mind to exert mental control over the situation, you will be positive and cheerful most of the time. And you will reap the benefits enjoyed by all successful people.
Action exercise: here are the steps you can take immediately to put these ideas into action:
First, become solution-oriented with every difficulty you face. Make a habit of looking for the answer to your questions, the solutions to your problems.
Second, seek for the valuable lesson in every adversity. Make a list of every ideas or insight you can gain from logical next step to solve it
Third, think on paper. Take some time to write out every detail of the problem, and then take most logical next step to solve it.
Action without thinking is the cause of very failure. Taking action before thinking seems to be the underlying cause of most failure in life. They think things through carefully in advance. They decide exactly what they want, and then they make definite decisions. They then take specific actions to turn those decisions into realities.
“Believe – Persist – Succeed. You have winning power within you”
Peter Nicado, is a peak performance expert, motivational keynote speaker, author of the Winner’s Mindset book, and founder of the Winner’s Mindset Academy. Mr. Nicado speaks on peak performance, neuro-sales, growth, and motivation. www.KeynotesPeterNicado.com.
Direct : 909-292-3315
Winner's Mindset Academy LLC
445 Kaiolu st Suite #708
Honolulu, HI 96815
Motivational Speaker and peak performance expert, Peter Nicado is the author of the #1 International bestseller book, The Winner’s Mindset and founder of the Winner’s Mindset Academy. Peter Nicado speaks on peak performance, mindset, leadership, and motivation/inspiration.